The role of the accompanist
I recognise the important role of an accompanist, whether for music exams, assessments
or concerts and recitals, and in my work as an accompanist my priority is always the wellbeing of the soloist I am accompanying, both musically and in terms of their confidence and feeling comfortable.
We work on a simple idea - the soloist is always right, no matter what!
is one of my favourite roles
Concerts & Recitals
- I work with instrumentalists, singers and ensembles.
- I am experienced in accompanying in audition settings, both professional and educational - during my years as a member of the RSNO
I accompanied auditionees across all instruments of the orchestra, and also instrumentalists and singers appearing with the orchestra on numerous occasions.
Exams & Competitions
- I accompany all instruments and voice at all levels
- I accompany all my string pupils as a matter of course
my career spanning over 30 years I have accompanied many exam candidates of all ages and stages, as well as young performers appearing in concerts and recitals, and competitions.
- Harpsichord continuo work with baroque orchestras and ensembles.